The Aziz Foundation is pleased to be working in partnership with several outstanding universities this academic year. These institutions are committed to creating an inclusive learning environment for British Muslim students and are taking the initiative to address many of the concerns experienced by BAME communities. This includes closing the degree awarding gap, adopting the working definition of Islamophobia, and ensuring the spirit of widening participation is fully extended to the postgraduate level. Furthermore, the Foundation is determined to assist its partners in providing greater support for and increased outreach to British Muslim communities.
We would warmly welcome interest in our Preferred Partner scheme from our higher education stakeholders. Please see our partnerships brochure and do get in touch.
In 2021 we shall be collaborating more closely with our Preferred Partners, and as a consequence scholarships will be offered only to candidates studying Masters degrees at these institutions (see list below).
- Aston University
- City, University of London
- Goldsmiths, University of London
- SOAS, University of London
- University of Birmingham
- University of St Andrews
- University of Sussex
Moreover, scholarships will only be awarded to individuals with career aspirations in the following disciplines:
- Law – Candidates who hold high aspirations to excel in the legal profession and especially those who wish to become judges
- Media & Journalism – Candidates driven to ensure better representation in the media
- Tech & Creative Content – Candidates driven to ensure better representation in the tech and creative industries
- Policy – Candidates with a passion for influencing public policy in the UK, to ensure that it is equitable and responsive to the needs of minority communities, especially Muslim communities (excluding health policy)
For the 2021/2022 academic year, we will not be funding courses within the discipline of natural or health sciences, engineering or mathematics.
We are looking for candidates who are highly driven and dedicated to reaching their goals and want to create a positive impact within Britain.
We are looking for candidates who are highly driven and dedicated to reaching their goals. Those who:
- Aspire to make a positive contribution to society; people who want to help others
- Have a vision of how they can be most impactful; change makers.
We are also prioritising those who do not have the means to pursue higher education. Typically, this financial need will be evidenced by documents corroborating the amount of debt incurred from a student loan.
Additionally, applicants must demonstrate how use of the Postgraduate loan alone is not enough to cover tuition fees as well as maintenance costs.