The Aziz Foundation wishes to partner with universities by offering scholarships schemes for British Muslims hoping to pursue postgraduate study at the Masters level. Your institution can assist the Foundation in meeting the demand– stimulated over the time of its operation – for its scholarships. We are looking to partner with forward looking, inclusive institutions that take the principle of widening participation seriously and are taking the necessary steps to diversify their student cohorts at the postgraduate level.
The Aziz Foundation Masters Scholarships programme offers Masters scholarship awards (tuition fees only) to Muslims who qualify for home fees at UK universities.
It has become clear to us that the number of awards offered does not meet the demand that is being generated by the programme, therefore the Foundation is looking at ways to extend its scholarships offer through seeking concessions from Higher Education Institutions.
The awards will be allocated to Preferred Partner institutions and selected courses – this will constitute the majority of scholarship awards and have a wide application window. Preferred Partner institutions will be listed on our website and applicants will be encouraged to apply to them.
The Foundation will leverage its networks and engagement with Muslim civil society and representative communities to promote these scholarships.
1. Share core values with the Aziz Foundation and actively promote Widening Participation at the postgraduate level
2. Are aware of concerns of unconscious bias and address the BME awarding gap
3. Provide specific cultural and social support to BME students
4. Are committed to adopting the working definition of Islamophobia within a reasonable timeframe
5. Offer to cover the costs of a living stipend (maintenance) or financial discount on tuition fees
For more information, please view our partnerships brochure here.
For all enquiries regarding partnerships and to express your interest in becoming a preferred partner, please email firstname.lastname@example.org